Author: Chris Chu de León
- On the early morning of July 23, 1999, in Tulia, Texas, nearly 33 percent of the city’s Black male residents were arrested. ...July 9, 2020
- Four months after running for Congress, Jessica Cisneros has settled into a different routine. Instead of knocking doors, she is drafting motions ...July 2, 2020
Progressive groups unite behind challenger Sara Stapleton-Barrera, denounce incumbent Eddie Lucio Jr.In a remarkable display of support, progressive advocacy groups that work on a broad range of issues from education, to women’s health ...July 1, 2020
- I. Turning Texas blue: “This is a campaign of people. All people, all the time. Everywhere. Every single day.” Beto O’Rourke, through ...June 22, 2020
- Every two years at the state convention, the Texas Democratic Party adopts a new platform that articulates the core ideas and beliefs ...June 16, 2020
- For the past few decades, Texas Latinos have been frequently referred to as the “sleeping giant” — a group so large that ...June 11, 2020
- Reimagining justice and safety José Garza thinks a lot about the criminal justice system — how it can best keep the public ...June 5, 2020
- Half a century of voter discrimination Texas has been found in violation of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 because of intentional ...May 25, 2020
- On March 3, 2020, in the shadow of a contentious presidential primary election, incumbent legislators and scores of primary challengers ran to ...May 18, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe