Author: Chris Chu de León
Texas Republicans quietly ended public hearings for redistricting. Advocacy groups are demanding change.In the shadow of the COVID-19 pandemic, Texas Republicans have quietly halted plans to hold a series of public input hearings across ...August 19, 2020
- Hilda Ramirez and her son, Ivan, with organizers and supporters at a socially-distanced celebration behind a sanctuary church in Austin. Immigrant leaders ...August 18, 2020
- “On day one, we’re going to end the prosecution of low-level drug offenses in Travis County,” said José Garza, the Democratic nominee ...August 6, 2020
- Texas is one of just a handful of states in the country with partisan elections for its judges at all levels of ...August 3, 2020
- Volunteer organizers and community members from the Rio Grande Valley have stepped up to fill in for state inaction by creating a ...July 31, 2020
- Beto O’Rourke and Texas Democrats are joining forces to reach every single one of Texas’ 1.5 million Black voters by mid-August. The ...July 27, 2020
- Clayton Tucker starts his days at the farm by feeding his family’s goats. He’ll sometimes need to clear the fields for crops, ...July 21, 2020
- Today, the Democratic National Committee launched its first TV ad in Texas. The ad hammers President Donald Trump on his mishandling of ...July 17, 2020
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and former HUD Secretary Julián Castro, two of the nation’s most prominent Latinos, joined forces on Tuesday night for ...
- Beto O’Rourke’s organization, Powered by People, seeks to deliver dozens of decisive Democratic victories at every level of the ballot by making ...July 15, 2020
- On the early morning of July 23, 1999, in Tulia, Texas, nearly 33 percent of the city’s Black male residents were arrested. ...July 9, 2020
- May 7, 2021
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe