Author: David Leffler
- It’s been an eventful month for Texas, to say the least. Bravo’s Housewives of Dallas was embroiled in race-fueled controversy. New arrival ...May 28, 2021
- Growing up in Texas, you learn two things in public schools right away: Remember the Alamo, and never, ever forget the year ...May 26, 2021
- Over the past week, Texas death row inmate Quintin Jones’ pleas for clemency have galvanized criminal justice reform advocates and once again ...May 18, 2021
- We’ve all seen the images. Crowds of impassioned protesters and activists streaming into the Texas State Capitol to fight, scream, and implore ...May 10, 2021
- In June 2019, Austin leadership voted to roll back ordinances that prohibited camping and panhandling across town. The move, which came as ...April 30, 2021
- Over the past several months, Republican-controlled state legislatures have levied an onslaught of voter suppression efforts in response to 2020’s record-breaking turnout ...April 26, 2021
- In the summer of 1997, thousands of Black Austinites streamed to Rosewood Park, a historic space on the capital city’s East Side. ...April 6, 2021
- June 16, 2021
- June 16, 2021
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe