Author: Fernando Ramirez
- In July alone, the Houston area suffered at least three chemical disasters. Most recently, a deadly leak at a LyondellBasell chemical plant ...July 30, 2021
- More than 2,000 employees working for Texas’ legislative branch could find themselves with no source of income on Sept. 1, the start ...July 28, 2021
- Texas House Democrats breaking in quorum in Washington D.C. recently announced that they will be testifying before the U.S. House Subcommittee on ...July 26, 2021
- Texas House Democrats breaking quorum in Washington held a press conference on Friday to mark the halfway point of the special session ...July 23, 2021
- In a virtual press conference with Texas House Democrats from Harris County, members gave updates about their activities in the nation’s Capitol. ...July 21, 2021
- Texas Democrats have shown incredible restraint. The minority party has fled the state to break quorum only three times, disrupting legislation that ...July 20, 2021
- On Wednesday evening, the Signal spoke with state Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer, a San Antonio Democrat and longtime veteran of the Texas ...July 15, 2021
- On Tuesday, the Signal spoke with state Rep. John Bucy III, a Williamson County Democrat who left Texas for Washington to break ...July 14, 2021
- Texas House Democrats wrapped up their day with a meeting with Sen. Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, where he praised the lawmakers for ...
- Gathered outside the nation’s Capitol on Tuesday, Texas House Democrats held their first press conference since leaving the state and breaking quorum. ...
- On Wednesday, Gov. Greg Abbott revealed his priority items and agenda for the special legislative session set to begin Thursday. It includes ...July 7, 2021
- There’s little doubt Texas Republicans are eyeing the seat of retiring Rep. John Turner, a two-term statehouse Democrat from the Dallas suburbs, ...July 6, 2021
- July 30, 2021
- July 29, 2021
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe