Author: Fernando Ramirez
- On Tuesday, House Speaker Dennis Bonnen announced he would no longer seek re-election, prematurely ending his time in the legislature and as ...October 22, 2019
- The News Newly released Census figures show the gap between the rich and poor in Texas continues to grow. The Lone Star ...October 21, 2019
- On Thursday, Congress voted to condemn Trump’s withdrawal from Syria. The bipartisan resolution was a rare rebuke against the president by Republicans, ...October 18, 2019
- As Democrats move forward with an impeachment inquiry into President Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, House GOP members from Texas are doing what ...October 17, 2019
- State Senator Eddie Lucio Jr., the most conservative Democrat in the Texas Senate, is facing off against two progressives in 2020. This ...October 16, 2019
- On Tuesday evening, 12 Democratic presidential candidates will face off in yet another primary debate. The fourth debate of the year will ...
- On Tuesday, the right-wing CEO of Empower Texans Michael Sullivan released the long-awaited tape of dirt on House Speaker Dennis Bonnen. Sullivan ...
- Oct. 14 marks Indigenous Peoples’ Day, a holiday to honor Native American history and culture. By design, it falls on the same ...
- Protestors and activists are demanding answers from Fort Worth Police after an officer shot and killed an unarmed 28-year-old black woman in ...
- Don’t be fooled by the marketing being deployed by Oath Keepers, a self-described “non-partisan” militia group set to attend President Trump’s rally ...
- Last month, a new law that aims to suffocate reproductive healthcare providers like Planned Parenthood officially went into effect. The law, Senate ...October 10, 2019
- October 23, 2019
- October 22, 2019
- October 21, 2019
- October 21, 2019
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe