Author: Fernando Ramirez
- Former New York City Mayor and Democratic presidential hopeful Michael Bloomberg made a campaign stop in Houston on Thursday, touting his support ...February 14, 2020
- On Thursday, Rep. Joaquin Castro of Texas introduced a resolution condemning the presence of white nationalist Trump advisor Stephen Miller in the ...February 13, 2020
- This week, the Signal sat down with Brandon Rottinghaus, a leading Texas political scientist with the University of Houston and co-host of ...February 12, 2020
- Sen. Bernie Sanders plans to open three new field offices and a headquarters in Texas. Field offices will open in Houston, San ...February 11, 2020
- With the Texas primaries now less than a month away, Texas Democrats have launched what they call the biggest voter protection program ...
- In this week’s episode of the SignalCast, we spoke to Antonio Arellano, the director of Jolt Action. In just a few short ...
- In this week’s episode of the SignalCast, we spoke to Kirsten Myers, the area director for Refugee Services of Texas. Last month, ...
- After leading the charge on changing the U.S. primary system to better reflect the nation’s diversity, former Obama-era HUD Secretary Julián Castro ...February 5, 2020
- In the State of the Union address Tuesday, an impeached President Trump again made promises on health care he and his GOP ...February 4, 2020
- High winds knocked over a section of the U.S. border wall on Wednesday. The aftermath, captured on video, quickly went viral and ...January 30, 2020
- The Democrat in the much-watched special election in a suburban district outside Houston fell short on Tuesday, but the race showed how ...January 28, 2020
- August 6, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe