Author: Fernando Ramirez
- Houston area officials are fighting tooth and nail against human trafficking, a form of modern-day slavery that’s alive and well in Texas. ...June 12, 2019
- Stacey Abrams, the former Georgia gubernatorial candidate and now a national voting rights champion, is again sounding the alarm on America’s democracy. ...June 11, 2019
- Two major Texas cities will keep their Democratic credentials after Saturday’s mayoral runoff elections in Dallas and San Antonio. In San Antonio, ...June 8, 2019
- Following Robert Mueller’s explosive testimony last week, Democrats seem more certain than ever that the time to begin impeachment proceedings against Donald ...June 4, 2019
- This week, Democratic presidential hopeful and former San Antonio mayor Julián Castro unveiled his plan to reform police departments across the nation. ...June 5, 2019
- After more than two years of keeping a low-profile, outgoing special counsel Robert Mueller finally spoke publicly about his investigation into Russian ...May 29, 2019
- Like scores of other 2020 Democratic presidential hopefuls in recent weeks, former vice president Joe Biden visited Houston on Tuesday. Biden, who ...May 28, 2019
Abortion, voting rights, anti-LGBT: Republicans revert back to their natural position as culture warriorsWith the final day of the 86th Texas Legislature less than a week away, the Republican-controlled Legislature has been hard at work ...May 21, 2019
- Spoiler: Zero on the gun safety side of things. On May 18, 2018, a 17-year-old high school student opened fire and killed ...May 15, 2019
- Dozens of Houston area elected officials and their constituents met outside of Houston on Wednesday to discuss the threat of a storm ...May 16, 2019
- Houstonians got a taste of hurricane season last week as they faced widespread torrential downpours and flooding. The rainfall undoubtedly brought back ...
- February 20, 2020
- February 20, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe