Author: Fernando Ramirez
- MOVE Texas, a nonpartisan voter registration group, announced Monday they would be launching a six-figure ad campaign against Senate Bill 7 and ...March 23, 2021
- Five members of Congress from Texas are among the 112 co-sponsors backing the renewed push for Medicare for All in the U.S. ...March 18, 2021
- The Texas Senate Committee on Jurisprudence is hearing testimony on Thursday over Senate Bill 21, a sweeping piece of legislation that would ...March 17, 2021
- Democrats and local elected officials continue to sound the alarm on a series of sweeping voter suppression bills being backed by Gov. ...March 16, 2021
- Protesters gathered outside state Sen. Paul Bettencourt’s Houston area office on Monday to protest the arrival of Gov. Greg Abbott at a ...March 15, 2021
- As Texans continue to recover from the snowstorm and electrical grid failure, thousands are now looking to the government for help repairing ...March 12, 2021
- A state court ruled on Wednesday that an order by Gov. Greg Abbott excluding Planned Parenthood from Texas’s Medicaid program could go ...March 11, 2021
- A new bombshell report by The Daily Beast has found that Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Houston) purchased hundreds of thousands of dollars worth ...March 10, 2021
- On Monday, state Rep. Jessica González (D-Dallas) filed a bill that would allow counties and municipalities in Texas to legalize recreational marijuana ...March 9, 2021
- The Texas House Juvenile Justice & Family Issues Committee reviewed a bill on Monday that would show more leniency for Texans who ...March 8, 2021
- April 9, 2021
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe