Author: Fernando Ramirez
- Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins announced Thursday his office penned a letter to Gov. Greg Abbott earlier this week, asking the Texas ...July 23, 2020
- A new poll released Tuesday spells trouble for Republicans in Texas in November. Not only is Vice President Joe Biden polling evenly ...July 22, 2020
- The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the campaign arm of House Democrats, has begun pumping money into Texas. The campaign committee announced Tuesday ...
- Trump is facing a timid revolt within his own party due to his absent or misguided handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, according ...
- Technical difficulties marred the Texas GOP’s virtual convention over the weekend. The convention, which shifted from in-person to online last week after ...July 20, 2020
- Two Democratic freshmen who flipped U.S. House seats in 2018 are rapidly expanding their war chest as they play defense against Republican ...July 17, 2020
- With the dust settled in primary runoff elections and the latest congressional campaign finance reports filed, Texans now have a better idea ...July 16, 2020
- On Tuesday, Harris County Commissioners Court voted to create a new office to oversee election-related matters in the county after the November ...July 14, 2020
- The Texas Supreme Court on Monday ruled that it would not force Houston to host the Texas GOP’s in-person annual state convention, ...
- Two new polls released recently — one by CBS News and another by The Dallas Morning News — show a close presidential ...
- The opinion Texans have of Gov. Greg Abbott’s COVID-19 response has plummeted since April, the latest 50-state poll by the COVID-19 Consortium ...
- As climate change brings about hotter temperatures in Texas, water supply could be threatened as early as 2050, according to a team ...
- August 3, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe