Author: Fernando Ramirez
- For an interview with the Signal this week, Harris County Democratic Party Chair Lillie Schechter spoke with Texas politics legend and 2020 ...January 9, 2020
- Both Americans and Iranians can sleep a little more peacefully tonight. In a morning address on Wednesday, Donald Trump condemned Iranian missile ...January 8, 2020
- The state’s Democratic party and two high-impact national groups are suing the Texas Secretary of State for rejecting electronic signatures on voters ...
- An ad featuring allegations of child abuse by the Republican candidate running against Democrat Eliz Markowitz for the Texas House begins airing ...
- For the first time since losing the Texas House in 2003, Democrats appear poised to break a 17-year trifecta of Republican power ...January 3, 2020
- The Texas Civil Rights Project has sent a cease and desist letter to Texas officials, warning them to stop violating federal voter ...
- Gov. Greg Abbott has picked a very public fight with the City of Austin over its homelessness problem– and it’s revealed plenty ...
- Democrats from Texas’ congressional delegation are calling on Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn to consider a sweeping drug prices bill passed ...December 17, 2019
- Texas candidates for U.S. Senate did not mince words about the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, the chief fundraising committee of Senate Democrats ...
- The Democratic-led House recently passed a critical voting rights bill that aims to rein in voter suppression in states with a pattern ...
- House Democrats can walk and chew gum. Although impeachment hearings have consumed mainstream media attention this week, the Democratic-led House passed a ...December 13, 2019
- January 23, 2020
- January 23, 2020
- January 22, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe