Author: Fernando Ramirez
- Health policy researchers estimate 1.6 million Texans have lost their employer-based health coverage since the start of the pandemic. The new analysis ...May 14, 2020
- Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt presided over her last Commissioners Court meeting on Tuesday. Travis County’s top executive and first female county ...May 13, 2020
- In a meeting with Donald Trump last week, Gov. Greg Abbott told a brazen lie to news cameras. Texas, he said, has ...May 12, 2020
- The National Redistricting Foundation, an affiliate of the national Democratic anti-gerrymandering organization led by former Attorney General Eric Holder, has filed its ...May 11, 2020
- It’s hard to believe that only two months have passed since Super Tuesday, the day more than a dozen states, including Texas, ...May 7, 2020
- Leaked audio of Gov. Greg Abbott in a private call with state legislators, first reported by Capitol insider Scott Braddock, shows the ...May 5, 2020
- Congresswoman Veronica Escobar (D-El Paso) blasted Gov. Greg Abbott on Friday for prematurely re-opening the state. “The primary obligation of every public ...
- As businesses around the state are allowed to open under Gov. Greg Abbot’s orders, the average number of daily new fatalities in ...
- On Wednesday, a group of Texas Democrats penned a letter to Gov. Greg Abbott petitioning the governor to do more to protect ...April 30, 2020
- As Texas Democrats battle in court to allow Texans to vote by mail during the pandemic, another group of voters backed by ...
- Politicians and presidents have historically enjoyed a boost in approval ratings during times of war or crisis — a phenomenon political scientists ...
- Gov. Greg Abbott held a press conference on Monday detailing the reopening of the Texas economy. He announced the statewide stay-at-home order ...April 28, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe