Author: Fernando Ramirez
- Beto O’Rourke jumped back on the presidential campaign trail on Thursday in a fiery speech that crystalized why he is running for ...August 15, 2019
- Organizer and labor rights activist Cristina Tzintzún Ramirez officially kicked off her Senate campaign on Monday. She is the latest of several ...August 12, 2019
- And Annie’s List, a political action group that recruits, trains and invests in progressive women, knows as much. For more than 15 ...August 9, 2019
- A disturbing viral photo showing two mounted Galveston Police leading a handcuffed African-American man tied to a rope is causing outrage in ...August 7, 2019
- So much for the major firewall that guarded against voting or election changes hurting African American or Hispanic voters. Voting rights groups ...August 6, 2019
- A new study conducted in part at Texas State University found that melting Arctic ice is increasing the number of heatwaves in ...August 5, 2019
- By now, almost everybody knows. Harris County turned solidly blue this past election, ushering in a new wave of diverse and young ...August 1, 2019
- Sen. Ted Cruz rose to political stardom decrying big government, but when it comes to condemning the federal government’s dangerous detainment of ...July 29, 2019
- A federal court in San Antonio issued an unwelcome ruling Wednesday that Texas lawmakers would be able to design their own districts ...
- On Wednesday, after a tense morning meeting with House Judiciary Committee, Robert Mueller continued to answer questions from Congress in a separate ...
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe