Author: Fernando Ramirez
- On Wednesday, members of the House Judiciary Committee grilled Robert Mueller over his findings into Russian interference in the 2016 elections and ...July 24, 2019
- Wendy Davis, best known for filibustering an anti-abortion bill in pink Mizuno running shoes for more than 13 hours, is running for ...July 23, 2019
- By some measures, the Texas economy is strong. It’s strong because of our entrepreneurial spirit, our pro-business climate, and millions of hardworking ...July 18, 2019
- There’s no ambiguity, no “two sides” to this. Donald J. Trump delivered a series of racist tweets. And on Tuesday, the Democratic-led ...July 16, 2019
- Outsiders may still see Texas as predominantly white, Republican, and good ole’ boy. But that image, largely, is of a bygone era ...July 15, 2019
- When KP George was elected as Fort Bend County judge last year, it was a historic election by all accounts. Not only ...July 11, 2019
- On Friday, leading Democratic presidential candidates took turns in Houston railing on President Trump’s Secretary of Education Betsy “Grizzly Bear” Devos — ...July 5, 2019
- Republicans unknowingly invited a smoking Trojan horse filled with pot into Texas law. This week, multiple county district attorney offices around the ...July 4, 2019
- Photo: Joaquin Castro/ Twitter It shouldn’t take sitting members of Congress to reveal the truth about what is happening to incarcerated migrants ...July 3, 2019
Protestors outside Cornyn’s office today demand end to migrant detention centers. Is he listening? (No)On Tuesday, hundreds of protestors gathered outside the Houston and Austin offices of Sen. John Cornyn to protest his inaction on migrant ...
- Update 7/3: The Commerce Department, which is in charge of the Census, said on July 2 the citizenship question would not be ...July 1, 2019
- The increasingly real possibility of Democrats winning statewide in Texas is scaring Republicans into their safe space. In a recent Fox News ...
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe