Author: Fernando Ramirez
- Gov. Greg Abbott will update Texans on Monday afternoon as to his plans to reopen the Texas economy sometime early next month. ...April 27, 2020
- The number of Texas inmates who have tested positive for COVID-19 reached 294 on Thursday, according to the latest Texas Commission on ...April 24, 2020
- The COVID-19 pandemic continues to take its toll on the Texas economy. A new report released by the U.S. Labor Department found ...April 23, 2020
- Texas Democrats this week launched a new online tool that will make it easier for voters to register. While voters can’t literally ...
- Texas has not flattened the curve — far from it — but there are signs of improvement. On Tuesday, Houston Mayor Sylvester ...
- Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick returned to Fox News on Monday to double down on comments he made last month on “Tucker Carlson ...April 21, 2020
- Sunday saw oil prices plummet to a 22-year low as the pandemic-induced recession continues to take its toll. The West Texas Intermediate, ...April 20, 2020
- Gov. Greg Abbott issued three executive orders on Friday, planning for and scheduling the phased reopening of the Lone Star State amid ...April 17, 2020
- A little more than two weeks after Gov. Greg Abbott issued a statewide stay-at-home order, Tea Party-aligned state lawmakers are ready to ...April 16, 2020
- In a major win for Texas Democrats and civil rights groups, a district court on Wednesday ruled that Texans could be allowed ...
- In a letter to Gov. Greg Abbott, 40 members of the Texas House and Senate raised serious issues with the state’s temporary ...
- In an explosive White House briefing on Monday, President Donald Trump lashed out at reporters and asserted his “total” authority in overruling ...April 14, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe