Author: Fernando Ramirez
- The Texas House Democratic Campaign Committee announced Wednesday they raised $1.3 million this year, surpassing the fundraising haul from the 2018 cycle. ...July 8, 2020
- The Texas House Democratic Campaign Committee announced Tuesday they would be launching a new initiative to fund competitive races to flip the ...July 7, 2020
- The Signal recently spoke to state Rep. Celia Israel, head of the Texas House Democratic Campaign Committee and founder of the Texas ...
- Organizers with the Texas Democratic Party announced Thursday they had officially unionized, striking a contract with their bosses after roughly two weeks ...July 3, 2020
- Mike Hailey, a longtime Texas politics reporter, is forecasting a blowout year for Democrats in the Texas House. Hailey predicts Democrats will ...
- It’s arguably the most competitive congressional race in Texas this year — and several GOP donors are unwilling to let it go ...
- Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo is self-quarantining after being exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 last week, the judge’s office ...June 29, 2020
- The U.S. Supreme Court issued a statement on Friday rejecting an initial request by Texas Democrats to overturn a lower court’s decision ...
- A total of 4,389 Texans are currently being treated in hospitals for COVID-19, state data released Wednesday shows. That’s more than double ...
- President Trump intensified his fear-mongering campaign against voting by mail this week, warning in a series of tweets that foreign countries would ...
- July 31, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe