Author: Fernando Ramirez
- The Texas House Juvenile Justice & Family Issues Committee reviewed a bill on Monday that would show more leniency for Texans who ...March 8, 2021
- Session after session, Texas Republicans have confidently shot down bills they have deemed unworthy of being called Texan or Texas law. “Wrong ...March 5, 2021
- Health experts, elected officials, and Democrats in Texas are concerned that Gov. Greg Abbott’s executive order lifting the statewide mask mandate and ...March 3, 2021
- President Joe Biden visited Houston with First Lady Jill Biden on Friday to meet with officials and aid workers following last week’s ...
- “I gotta say, Orlando is awesome. It’s not as nice as Cancún. But it’s nice,” Sen. Ted Cruz told a crowd of ...
- Lawmakers in the Texas Legislature held joint hearings in the state Senate and House on Thursday to get to the bottom of ...February 25, 2021
- New polling this week shows that the trip Sen. Ted Cruz took to Cancún amid a catastrophic snowstorm in Texas may be ...February 24, 2021
- Democrats on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, including Reps. Marc Veasey of Dallas and Lizzie Fletcher of Houston, are conducting ...February 23, 2021
- On Friday, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas finally announced an end to the power outages that left millions of Texas in ...February 19, 2021
- After receiving sharp criticism Wednesday for leaving a chaos-ridden Texas to go on vacation in Cancun, Mexico, Sen. Ted Cruz says the ...February 18, 2021
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe