Author: Fernando Ramirez
- The Texas Supreme Court on Wednesday voted against citing fear of contracting COVID-19 as a “disability” in mail-in-ballot applications. Under Texas law, ...
- The Center for Public Policy Priorities, a nonprofit progressive think tank that has long been a leading voice on healthcare and budget ...
- Three former presidential candidates are slated to attend the 2020 Texas Democratic Convention as guest speakers. Sens. Kamala Harris (D-CA), Elizabeth Warren ...
- Texas Democrats announced Tuesday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will be attending the state party’s virtual convention next month as a special ...May 26, 2020
- For several weeks, State Comptroller Glenn Hegar has been sounding the alarm on a looming state budget shortfall. The state’s general revenue ...May 22, 2020
- Last week, Tesla CEO Elon Musk became the latest California resident to consider moving to Texas. Hundreds of thousands of others have ...May 21, 2020
- A federal appeals court on Wednesday temporarily blocked the expansion of vote-by-mail in Texas. For several weeks, Texas Democrats and civil rights ...May 20, 2020
- Gov. Greg Abbott announced Monday that most Texas businesses, from bars to bowling alleys, will be allowed to reopen. In a press ...May 19, 2020
- House Democrats on Friday voted for the next wave of coronavirus relief, this time the biggest yet: a $3 trillion relief package ...May 18, 2020
- A state appeals court ruled in favor of Texas Democrats and civil rights groups on Thursday, allowing all Texans who fear COVID-19 ...May 15, 2020
- Health policy researchers estimate 1.6 million Texans have lost their employer-based health coverage since the start of the pandemic. The new analysis ...May 14, 2020
- Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt presided over her last Commissioners Court meeting on Tuesday. Travis County’s top executive and first female county ...May 13, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe