Author: Fernando Ramirez and Joe Bowen
- Hegar to headline Democratic ticket Powered by historic turnout, Texas Democrats on Tuesday finally reached closure on a slew of contested primaries ...July 15, 2020
- Former New York mayor and Democratic presidential hopeful Michael Bloomberg visited Texas this weekend to bolster his campaign efforts — and those ...December 30, 2019
- All eyes are on the Democratic presidential primary to see how the drama ends. Will primary voters, vying to beat Trump, pick ...December 4, 2019
- Last December, a federal judge in Texas declared the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. That was music to Gov. Greg Abbott’s ears; he ...November 22, 2019
- Nestled next to Brays Bayou in downtown Houston is MD Anderson, one of the top cancer treatment centers in the world. Less ...October 7, 2019
- Imagine for a moment that you are John Cornyn. You breezed through your last election in 2014 and guaranteed yourself another six ...August 14, 2019
- Beto O’Rourke believes a path to the White House runs through Texas. “There’s a new battleground state– Texas, and it has 38 ...July 30, 2019
- Ken Paxton, the legally embattled Texas Attorney General just had his day in court, but this time he wasn’t under indictment. The ...July 9, 2019
- On Wednesday night, 10 of the 20 Democratic presidential candidates met in Miami for the first debate of the 2020 election. Beto ...
- After decades of nothing but formulaic 30-second TV ads using scary music and ominous narrators, there’s a growing premium on creativity in ...
- Kim Olson is the tough-as-nails former Air Force Colonel out of North Texas who is running for Congress in 2020. She has ...June 25, 2019
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe