Author: Jake Bullington
- DES MOINES, IA—Standing in front of the Iowa flag, former San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro told a room full of Iowans on ...December 11, 2019
- DES MOINES, IA — Beto O’Rourke’s campaign team had little advance notice of the biggest shock for their campaign: It was all ...November 2, 2019
- DES MOINES, IOWA — The Steak Fry has become an Iowa politics tradition, established by longtime liberal lion Senator Tom Harkin and ...September 22, 2019
- URBANDALE, Iowa –– There was enthusiasm in the living room of a suburban home Friday night for Democratic presidential candidate Julián Castro, who discussed ...June 15, 2019
- DES MOINES, IOWA – This year marks the 10-year anniversary of Iowa passing marriage equality. And presidential candidates hoping to win over ...June 8, 2019
- Photo: Jake Bullington for The Texas Signal Editor’s note: This is Signal’s first dispatch from the presidential campaign trail in Iowa. We ...May 8, 2019
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe