Author: Jessica Montoya Coggins
- This week, for the first time since February, Texas logged 10,000 new COVID-19 cases in a day. That’s nearly a 150 percent ...July 29, 2021
- Yesterday, Trump made his official endorsement in the Republican primary for attorney general by sticking with Ken Paxton. The announcement is one ...July 27, 2021
- When Michael Sorrell took over as president of Paul Quinn College, the position was supposed to be temporary. In 2007, the college ...July 26, 2021
- A number of high-profile former state and local prosecutors, have come together to sign onto an amicus brief with the States United ...July 22, 2021
- Yesterday, an anti-abortion ordinance in Edinburg, the third largest city in the Rio Grande Valley, which would have outlawed abortions and made ...July 21, 2021
- On Friday, Judge Andrew Hanen delivered a ruling that many immigration advocates had been both fearing and anticipating: DACA is officially “unlawful.” ...July 20, 2021
- On Thursday, Texas Signal spoke with State Rep. Jasmine Crockett about what’s happening in Washington. The following interview has been edited for ...July 15, 2021
Texas Democrats receive encouragement from several senators; still waiting to hear from Cruz, CornynAs a member of the House Democrats that left Texas and broke quorum, State Rep. Ana-Maria Ramos has had a whirlwind few ...
- For years Texas has been the epicenter of the anti-abortion movement. Now, a broad coalition of groups have banded together in a ...
- Even before the legislative session convened, abortion rights advocates were bracing for an extremely hostile environment and Greg Abbott and Texas Republicans ...July 9, 2021
- Odus Evbagharu made history when he became both the first Black and the youngest (at age 28) chair of the Harris County ...July 7, 2021
- Earlier today, Greg Abbott held an event with Donald Trump billed as a border security visit. Abbott’s stunt, a way to flex ...June 30, 2021
- July 30, 2021
- July 29, 2021
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe