Author: Jessica Montoya Coggins
- A political sea change is taking place in Collin County. This year marks the first time in recent history a poll has ...July 27, 2020
- At the start of the year, many organizers and campaigns were gearing up for one of the most important undertakings for the ...July 24, 2020
- As the dust settled from Tuesday’s primary runoff election, a number of races solidified into toss-ups in Texas, with the highest potential ...July 20, 2020
- Around north Texas, the buzz surrounding the runoff election was mostly focused on the high-profile wins of MJ Hegar and Candace Valenzuela, ...July 16, 2020
- With an eye towards next month’s virtual DNC Convention, and a general election that is approaching 100 days away, Latino Victory Fund ...July 14, 2020
- Ever since Private First Class Vanessa Guillén disappeared on April 22, her family and friends have endured unending turmoil. On Sunday, remains ...July 8, 2020
- When he was in Dallas on Sunday, Vice President Mike Pence echoed the optimistic tone of the White House and President Trump ...July 3, 2020
- In 39 states and the District of Columbia, registering to vote is as easy as clicking a button on a computer. In ...June 30, 2020
- Members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus criticized two ICE detention facilities in southwest Texas on Monday and called for them to release ...June 24, 2020
- For decades Opal Lee has been marching to make Juneteenth a national holiday. While the 93-year-old garnered attention in her local home ...June 22, 2020
- In a normal year, many Texans would be heading out to the ballpark to watch the Astros or the Rangers. Some would ...June 19, 2020
- July 31, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe