Author: Jessica Montoya Coggins
- Though access to abortion is a perennial target for ultra-conservative Republicans in the state legislature, new data indicates that a majority of ...January 15, 2021
- With less than nine days left in his presidency (unless he is removed from office or resigns), President Trump is making one ...January 12, 2021
- The congressional electoral certification of the presidential results is normally a staid proceeding, the last formality before the president-elect is officially inaugurated. ...January 4, 2021
- On Tuesday, the future of DACA will once again be up in the air thanks to the efforts of Texas Attorney General ...December 21, 2020
- Joe Biden is the President-Elect and will be sworn in January 20. However, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is trying to force ...December 8, 2020
- Officially the presidential election ended over a month ago (tantrums from President Trump notwithstanding). In Dallas, however, there is still one local ...December 7, 2020
- Even if he is unlikely to resign as Texas Attorney General, the outlook for Ken Paxton keeps getting grimmer. It was already ...December 4, 2020
- For pro-choice activists, the next year in Texas, often considered a bellwether for access to abortion, could be harrowing. Anti-choice attacks are ...December 2, 2020
- While Ken Paxton may be digging in his heels and refusing to resign over accusations of bribery and abuse of office, federal ...November 18, 2020
- January 15, 2021
- January 14, 2021
- January 14, 2021
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe