Author: Joe Deshotel
- In the absence of NBA action, Mark Cuban found a new sport — dunking on Sen. Ted Cruz. The recent viral Twitter ...July 27, 2020
- Rumors regarding the political ambitions of Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick are constantly swirling about. It’s widely believed that the lieutenant governor has ...July 17, 2020
- President Trump was hoping to focus his reelection campaign on a strong economy, but since his failure to contain the coronavirus obliterated ...July 2, 2020
- When nothing you do will make anyone happy you might as well do what’s right, right? When Gov. Greg Abbott held a ...June 23, 2020
- Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick told Fox News last week that we need a “culture change” and to “turn to God” to address ...June 9, 2020
- Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller is known for feeding his nearly 1 million Facebook followers a healthy dose of red meat, fake ...June 3, 2020
- The state’s recommendations for voting in person amid COVID-19 reveal the depths officials are going to avoid expanding vote-by-mail as a safe ...June 1, 2020
- Republicans and Democrats are both questioning Gov. Greg Abbott over a $295 million contract for COVID-19 contact tracing. Most of the criticism ...May 26, 2020
- Texas’ progressive populist Jim Hightower once said, “the only thing in the middle of the road are yellow lines and dead armadillos.” ...May 20, 2020
- As Governor Abbott’s power expands through executive order the legislature sits sidelined while the public safety orders of local officials are being ...May 4, 2020
- August 6, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe