Author: Joe Deshotel
- Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller is known for feeding his nearly 1 million Facebook followers a healthy dose of red meat, fake ...June 3, 2020
- The state’s recommendations for voting in person amid COVID-19 reveal the depths officials are going to avoid expanding vote-by-mail as a safe ...June 1, 2020
- Republicans and Democrats are both questioning Gov. Greg Abbott over a $295 million contract for COVID-19 contact tracing. Most of the criticism ...May 26, 2020
- Texas’ progressive populist Jim Hightower once said, “the only thing in the middle of the road are yellow lines and dead armadillos.” ...May 20, 2020
- As Governor Abbott’s power expands through executive order the legislature sits sidelined while the public safety orders of local officials are being ...May 4, 2020
- June 4, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe