Author: Kennedy Sessions
- On Thursday, Texas Congresswoman Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee was arrested in D.C. at a voting rights protest outside of the Hart Senate ...July 30, 2021
- On Tuesday, the U.S House Committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection held their first hearing with four key officers testifying. The committee ...July 27, 2021
- Last week, Dallas Civil Rights Attorney Lee Merritt launched his bid for attorney general of Texas against Republican incumbent Ken Paxton. The ...July 20, 2021
- In a press conference on Tuesday highlighting Texas Republicans latest push on voter suppression bills, Black faith leaders from across the state ...July 14, 2021
- In an interview on Monday, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott threatened to arrest the over 50 Texas House Democrats who decided to leave ...July 13, 2021
- In a press conference on Monday, Vice-President Kamala Harris thanked Texas House Democrats for showing extraordinary courage and commitment in leaving the ...July 12, 2021
- On Wednesday, Gov. Greg Abbott announced legislation identical to Senate Bill 29, an anti-transgender bill that died in the Texas House, is ...July 8, 2021
- Activist Nia Jones, also known on social media as Hoochie God, said after the killing of 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant she felt a ...July 6, 2021
- On Friday, Vice President Kamala Harris made her first official visit to the border as VP with Texas Congresswoman Veronica Escobar (D-El ...June 28, 2021
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other congress members introduced the Vanessa Guillen Military Justice Improvement and Increasing Prevention Act in a press ...June 24, 2021
- July 30, 2021
- July 29, 2021
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe