Author: Signal Staff
- On Thursday, 58 Texans died from COVID-19, the state’s new record for daily deaths. The same day, 1,448 new coronavirus cases were ...May 15, 2020
- In an interview with the Texas Tribune on Wednesday, Rep. Chip Roy (R-Austin) advocated for a complete return to normalcy, even as ...May 7, 2020
- Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo on Wednesday ordered residents to cover their faces in public starting next week. “We have to use ...April 23, 2020
- On Saturday, hundreds of protestors gathered outside the Texas Capitol in Austin to demand that the state be reopened. Similar protests occurred ...April 21, 2020
- Even as the COVID-19 pandemic grips the nation and the world, congressional races go on. Democrats flip two House seats in Texas ...April 16, 2020
- Gov. Greg Abbott announced Friday that the state of Texas has 8,700 available ventilators. When asked by reporters the number of ventilators ...April 3, 2020
- Businesses upping the price of hand sanitizer or water bottles during a pandemic isn’t just greedy — it’s also illegal. State and ...March 18, 2020
- May 21, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe