Author: Sarah Taqvi
- While positive COVID-19 cases are on the rise in Texas, GOP Rep. Dan Crenshaw has been a strong advocate for wearing no ...July 10, 2020
- In recent polling by The Texas Politics Project, Gov. Greg Abbott’s job approval rating has dropped, as the number of COVID-19 cases ...July 7, 2020
- For the past few weeks, COVID-19 cases have surged in Texas and specifically in Harris County. And while wearing no mask, Texas ...July 1, 2020
- Governor Greg Abbott announced on Wednesday that all businesses can open at 50 percent capacity “with very limited exceptions,” as part of ...June 4, 2020
- Today Texas Supreme Court Justice Debra Lehrmann and her husband both tested positive for the coronavirus. She is the highest-ranking official in ...May 21, 2020
- Over the weekend, the John Cornyn senate campaign sent a fundraising email blaming China for the coronavirus. “China’s communist government misled the ...May 19, 2020
- Texas Democrats announced today that they will be hosting a virtual Senate primary debate featuring candidates MJ Hegar and Royce West. This ...May 11, 2020
- Workers from numerous industries have been deemed essential during this coronavirus pandemic, putting them at risk for COVID-19 exposure. For the rest ...May 5, 2020
- Among the industries affected by COVID-19 is the meat-processing industry—which becomes problematic for plant workers at risk of falling ill in a ...April 28, 2020
- The coronavirus is testing Texas: For the past three weeks, the Lone Star State has ranked second to last in completed tests ...April 14, 2020
- In his Tuesday press briefing, President Trump suggested a potential hold on the United States’s funding for the World Health Organization, blaming ...April 10, 2020
- Nearly three weeks have passed since the COVID-19 outbreak was declared a pandemic. Texas currently ranks 12th in the country for confirmed ...April 2, 2020
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe